about 5 years ago
Thank you for registering for Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers' (KPCB) Fellows Challenge, an online hackathon based around our Build for Good initiative inspired by our KPCB Fellows. View all of our challenges here: http://kpcbfellows.com/build-for-good/challenges.
Here are some of the challenges you can tackle and the non-profits your work can help benefit:
- SamaHope: Create a way to address live donating to increase number of surgeries funded
- Kiva: Build an application that helps Kiva donors assess impact
- Pencils of Promise: Help improve our teacher training program
- Medic Mobile: Design a mobile messaging hub
- D-Rev: Create an application to record and measure the global impact of Brilliance
- IDEO.org: Design a GPS-based field-mapping Android app to help empower farmers in Myanmar
San Francisco Kickoff Event
For those that are in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are hosting a kickoff event to help you form a team, learn more about the challenges, and meet some of our non-profit partners. The event will be held in our San Francisco Office on July 1, 2015. RSVP here: WTSVKPCBFellowsChallenge.eventbrite.com
- Our hackathon is completley online, and all submissions will only be accepted via chalengepost. All submissions are due August 31, 2015.
- KPCB Partners will act as judges and will decide on winners in September. The 1st place team will receive a $1000 cash prize and an interview for our 2016 KPCB Fellows Program. 2nd and 3rd place teams will reieve an interview for our 2016 KPCB Fellows Program.
- Groups may not exceed teams of four and we encourage you to build teams through Challengepost
- Any student who is currently attending a U.S. institution university or college may participate in the challenge. However, winners who want to interview for the KPCB Fellows program must also meet all eligibility requirements for the program. Eligibility requirements for the program can be found here: http://kpcbfellows.com/faq
For any questions about the KPCB Fellows Program or the KPCB Fellows Challenge, please email Justin at email@example.com.
Thank you again for registering and we can't wait to see what you build!
Justin and the Partners of KPCB
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
kpcb.com | @kpcb